Wednesday 14 June 2017


                                Don’t Exist by Richard Bamford 


       I just want to go to sleep,  
      To disappear into the sheets.  
      To quiet the noise inside my skull,  
      and make it numb and make it dull.  
      It’s easier to not resist, the feeling I should not exist.  

      Self-loathing scratches at my face,  
      I want to dissolve without a trace.  
      The seething hate, the tears within,  
      Nobody can judge when my light is dimmed.  
      It’s easier to not resist, the feeling I should not exist.  

      The anger that I have suppressed,  
      Is fighting back and crushed my chest.  
      Just close my eyes and drift away,  
      Unless I can release this rage.  
      I can accept and clear this mist,  
      I can choose to embrace that I exist.  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment