Friday 18 February 2011

Black Swan Bum Scandal

I'm reading Russell Brand's Bookywook 2, and I must admit I'm fair charmed by the boy's self-effacing tone and awareness. It reminds me greatly of Julian Cope's HEAD ON, and that mon amis is no small compliment. Seldom do I laugh aloud on the train, unless I see a grown man wearing a DrizaBone coat, so it's fair to say I've been enjoying it. What did jump out was a Bill Hicks quotation, which I'd heard somewhere before; "It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious". I heard it on a Faith No More album. This realisation prompted the following audiovisual offering. Mike Patton. Pencil Moustache. What's not to love?
Ooh; while I'm here, if anyone finds a headstock from a bass guitar, can you let the guy from Muse know? His went missing at the grammys, and he feels a proper charlie without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment